Monday, November 3, 2008

abilities

So, we went on a little weekend trip. The man of the house needed some mountain air, a drive and good beer. Being the good wifey/mother I am, I researched the location he picked out to make sure there was fun to be had by all. Oh and having a sister that works at a prime hotel chain is fabulous as we get family discounts :) On to our trip (which does include gf eating out!) I made sure we had snacks, drinks, breakfast, lunch stuff as on trips thats our biggest issue because its harder than heck to find decent food in those catagories on the road. We stopped and picked apples at the most gorgeous orchard!!! It was on the top of a mountain, the weather was glorious. The bluest of blue skies, the light breeze, the 70 degree temp, the crisp fresh apples.... man, we were in paradise. The kids were gleefully running from tree to tree tasting, crunching, picking all kinds. The man even was acting like a boy, climbing trees to pick the biggest juiciest apples known to man. Me? I'm taking it all in, sauntering down the lanes, looking through apple trees up at the blue skies. The colors surounding us were breathtaking. ahhhh. happiness.

We drove to our destination for a fabulous surprise.... I did some digging and found a pizzaria that made GLUTEN FREE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! L and I were in our glory! They stopped making them at 5 but made one and kept it warm for us til we got there. aahhhh. happiness once again. The pizza was soooooooo delish. I just kept saying mmmmmmm. mmmmmmmm. and once again, mmmmmmmmm. How we took advantage of being able to buy a delish pizza, warm, gooey, AND GF? The regular pizza looked only so-so LOL

Our hotel had a kitchenette so we had a yummy breakfast as well and then off to the zoo. Then to listen to live music of a band the man wanted to hear live for a long time.

We had a fabulous weekend - despite the fact that I'm pmsing big time!

No comments: