I made pie! I love love love pie. Its one of those things that is classified as a comfort food for me. As a family tradition, my grandma would bake a load of apple pie (my dad, uncle, gpa would eat the whole thing given the chance). Bringing a warm pie out of the oven, making it look pretty, I dunno - its just yummy!
So on to my pie. Since I can't have wheat, gluten, sugar, dairy (although butter is acceptable in my book) etc. That is pretty much the whole pumpkin pie! I could just slap some pumpkin in it and call it a day... sooooooooooo I made a crust, a good crust at that, using white rice, coconut, tapioca starch, potato starch. The way I make a regular crust is 2/1 ratio of flour, butter (shortening, oil what have you) So I did it this way as well. so for my flours it was 1 cup rice flour, then I poured about 1/3 cup of each of the rest to make another cup. then a cup of butter and ice water to make it stick. Rolled it between wax paper that was floured w/ cornstarch. Came out beautiful!!! (although next time I will put in fridge first to make it more pliable) oh and btw this made enough for a double crusted pie or 2 single crusted pies. The insides I mixed a can of pumpkin, agave (I think about a 1/4 cup?), the usual spices (ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, clove) 3 eggs, 3/4 cup coconut milk.
I should of taken a pic of it! oh well. Next will be to make the crust out of crushed almonds and coconut oil???? don't know yet..... off to eat another slice
Gluten Free Gobsmacked has moved!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment